Benefits of online engagement
An online engagement strategy will help you get the most out of your engagement activities.
- People increasingly expect and prefer to engage online.
- People can take part at a time and place that suits them.
- You can talk with people who are in parts of the country that are more difficult to access. You can also talk with groups that are spread across an area, nationally or internationally.
- You can tap into existing online groups.
- Online engagement is often cheaper — there’s no need for venue hire, catering, facilitators, printing, travel and similar costs.
- Central and local government are required to consult with the public by legislation (such as the Local Government Act 2002, Land Transport Act 1993, Resource Management Act 1991 and New Zealand Public Health and Disabilities Act 2000) and international obligations (such as the Open Government Partnership).
Utility links and page information