The Government DNS service provides for the moderation, registration, and management of .govt.nz and .parliament.nz domain names for central and local government.
The service includes:
- Moderation of applications for new domain names
- Automatic renewal of domain names
- Name server hosting (optional)
- Enhanced security with DNSSEC
- Ability to manage domain names through a Portal available 24/7.
The Department of Internal Affairs is the sole registrar for .govt.nz and .parliament.nz domain names.
Domain Name Management Portal
Registered users: Log in to the Portal.
We are currently rolling out our new Domain Name Management Portal and contacting New Zealand Government agencies to arrange access.
If your organisation has a registered .govt.nz domain name, then we have already provided your organisation’s representative with information about the Portal, as well as time frames for the roll-out and access.
If you are unsure who your organisation’s representative (Agency Super User) is, please contact us.