You're invited to the Service Innovation Open Lab MeetUp every Friday from 4–5 pm at the Todd Building, 95 Customhouse Quay. Our special guest this week is Liam Maxwell, UK's first National Technology Advisor. Please RSVP via Eventbrite as there is limited space.
So Open Lab is...?
What is Open Lab? One of the principles of our Service Innovation Lab is to "Openly and widely talk about our work." So the teams co-located in the Lab blog, tweet, and each Friday (until 30 June) so we welcome anyone with an interest in service innovation in government, digital transformation or government as a platform to join us, chat about the ideas and collaborate. The three teams in the Lab at the moment are:
- the Lab+ experiment which is testing how "government as a platform" could properly work to enable an ecosystem of service delivery
- the information sharing project for prototyping the streamlining of Council and other applications for people and businesses
- the common delegations team to explore delegations as a common capability for government.
Why a Service Innovation Lab?
The Service Innovation Lab is an experiment, carried out under the leadership of the ICT Partnership Framework’s Service Innovation Group. It's managed by the Service Innovation team at the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) in partnership with Assurity Consulting. It's part of the cross-agency work being done to achieve Better Public Services Result 10 and to deliver the Service Innovation Work Programme outcome that "People have easy access to public services, which are designed around them, when they need them".
The lab is hosted by Assurity Consulting Ltd, and is used for cross-agency teams working on the Service Innovation Work Programme, for periods between 1 week and several months. It’s also available for workshops for cross-agency teams who are working to make it easier for people in agencies to deliver services around customer needs.
We’re learning as much as we can in that time about what works well and what the challenges are, including working out if this is something we want to continue doing.
Want more info?
For more about the Service Innovation Lab, see our earlier posts in the list below.
If you can’t make it on Fridays but still want to see the Lab, or hear from one of the teams, please contact Rachel Prosser (Service Innovation Lab Delivery Lead) at 021 0275 9023 to arrange a visit or find more information about bringing a team to the lab.
Check out earlier blog posts about Lab+:
- Lab+ Norming and Performing
- Open Lab invite to the Service Innovation Lab
- Lab+: storming and forming
- What is the Service Innovation Lab? Come and see for yourself!
- Building the future of government service delivery: week 1 at Lab+
Follow us on Twitter at @NZLifeEvents.