The Digital Strategy for Aotearoa
The Digital Strategy for Aotearoa aims to secure Aotearoa New Zealand’s place as a world-leading, trusted, thriving digital nation.
Three themes and a vision
The Digital Strategy for Aotearoa has been built around 3 connected themes that form the structure of the Strategy: Mahi Tika — Trust, Mahi Tahi — Inclusion, and Mahi Ake — Growth. These themes are supported by goals and measures.
Measuring progress against Trust, Inclusion and Growth will help us to realise our vision for a digital Aotearoa New Zealand:
Te whakaāhei i te puāwaitanga me te taurikura o te katoa o Aotearoa i roto i te ao matihiko.
Enabling all of Aotearoa New Zealand to flourish and prosper in a digital world.
Read the Digital Strategy for Aotearoa in English and te reo Māori
A summary of the Digital Strategy for Aotearoa is available in the following formats.
- Digital Strategy for Aotearoa — Executive summary (Word 9.9MB)
- Digital Strategy for Aotearoa — Executive summary (PDF 3.2MB)
- Digital Strategy for Aotearoa — Executive summary (Word 62KB)
- Digital Strategy for Aotearoa — Executive summary (PDF 164KB)
New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL)
Digital Executive Board
Background to the Digital Strategy
A cross-agency team worked together on developing this Strategy. The team was made up of representatives from:
- Hīkina Whakatutuki the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
- Te Tari Taiwhenua Department of Internal Affairs
- Te Tari o Te Pirimia me Te Komiti Matua Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
The discussion document Towards a Digital Strategy for Aotearoa was released for public submissions in late 2021. Through an engagement process, held from October to December 2021, the team drew on the knowledge and ideas of hundreds of New Zealanders and organisations to develop the final Strategy.