Enterprise risk maturity
The All-of-Government (AoG) Enterprise Risk Maturity Assessment Framework (gERMAF) enables agencies to assess their current level of risk maturity and identify ways they can improve.
Benefits of enterprise risk maturity
Higher levels of risk maturity support risk-informed decision making to:
- better manage strategic risks and opportunities
- optimise the allocation of resources to programmes and projects
- improve day-to-day management of operations.
Agencies can complete their assessment using the online AoG Self-Assessment Tool or the spreadsheet version.
Benefits to agencies
Agencies can use the results of their self-assessment to:
- have better conversations with senior business leaders about risk management needs to support risk-informed decision making
- help 'right size' risk maturity to ensure risk management practices are fit for purpose
- access external benchmarking reports and insights that can help them prioritise improvements (agencies that use the online AoG Self-Assessment Tool only)
- help prepare for external assessments such as a capital Performance Improvement Framework review, financial audit or Investor Confidence Rating assessment, resulting in improved confidence by key stakeholders
- support collaboration with other agencies and across sectors to lift risk maturity, including opportunities to demonstrate system stewardship.
Find out how agencies are using the gERMAF and the benefits they're gaining.
Department of Corrections case study
Email us if you have any questions about the gERMAF.
Utility links and page information